These tidbits were heard during press, on the red carpet and at after-parties.
- “Beer, but I think someone put a little bit of crack in it.” — Ricky Gervais explaining what was in the glass he was drinking from on stage while presenting the Happy-Go-Lucky clip.
- “I had my first sober blackout, can’t remember a thing.” — Colin Farrell describing what it was like to win the best comedic movie actor award.
- “I want to learn how to read.” — John Krasinski discussing his new year’s resolution.
- “I want Salma Hayek’s boobs.” — Megan Fox talking about her insecurities and poor body image.
- “Don’t worry, I won’t have to stand up again.” — Kate Winslet to someone who spilled a bottle of water all over her dress after she won her first Globe of the evening.
- “Kate Winslet is my girl crush.” — Angela Kinsey talking about the Globes’ new poster girl.
- “I’d call Jack Nicholson.” — Slumdog Millionaire‘s Freida Pinto saying who she’d call if she could use the Call a Friend lifeline as a Who Wants to be a Millionaire? contestant.
- “He was kind of a pain in the ass so that’s why he was so fun to play.” — Paul Giamatti describing John Adams.
- “I decided to be rude, push him around, and it worked…He respected that.” — Evan Rachel Wood explaining how she dealt with Mickey Rourke on the set of The Wrestler so she wouldn’t be intimidated by him.
- “I haven’t seen the movie.” — Rourke saying he never watches anything he’s in until 4-5 years later because he’s too critical of his performances.